I was reading an article today about the Mediterranean diet being the key to fighting dementia and other diseases (link here). So I thought I'd whip up something easy and comforting with olives and sit in on the couch and watch a film. What better way to spend a cold evening.
- Pasta of your choice ( I use gluten free)
- 10 pitted green olives
- 10 anchovy fillets (drained)
- 1 clove of garlic roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 cup (packed) chopped flat leaf parsley
- Zest and juice of 1/2 unwaxed lemon
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Put on pasta is boiling salted water
- Blitz the rest of ingredients in a blender
- Just before draining the pasta remove 2 tbsp of the cooking liquid and add to the sauce and blitz again.
- Put the drained pasta in a pan and mix through the sauce, adding a little more cooking liquid if you feel the sauce needs to be more liquid.
- Season with pepper to taste