I learned this recipe from the chef David Bailey in London. It's amazing! I think my boyfriend is addicted to it. Luckily it's got lots of goodness in the form of dates (potassium, iron, flavonoids) and almond butter (vit E, vit B2, phosphorus ).
- 2 tbsp of date paste (or chopped dates)
- 1/2 jar of almond butter
- 5 sun dried tomatoes, soaked
- 1 clove of garlic
- knob of ginger
- 80 ml maple syrup
- 80 ml tamari
- 125 ml olive oil
- 2 long red chillis (adjust to how spicy you like it)
- 50ml lemon juice
- 50ml tamarind juice or tsp spoon of tamarind paste
HOW TO :
- Blend everything together in your food processor adding a little water to thin if necessary.
- You can add it to selection of raw or cooked vegetables and some noodles. Works well with both.