These are great for party treats or a fun snack for kids and adults. I love them. Using dark chocolate or raw cacao keeps the sugar content low in this treat and you get the benefits of the antioxidants and minerals they contain.
- 2 red apples
- raw cacao powder or good quality bar of dark chocolate (at least 70% chocolate)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener of choice)
- handful of Brazil nuts - chopped (or any other nut you like)
- handful of desiccated coconut
- cake pop sticks
- slice of lemon
- bowl of water
- Melt the cacao and coconut oil with the maple syrup in a bain-marie above low heat making sure not to burn the chocolate
- chop apples into segments and place them into a bowl of water with a squeeze of lemon juice. This will prevent them turning brown.
- place your chopped nuts, coconut and melted chocolate into little dipping cups
- place the apple segments on the cake pop sticks and dip away into the toppings you want on your apple