I follow a wonderful food blog called Oh She Glows and couldn't resist this smoothie recipe of hers. It contains most of my favourite foods. It's great for digestion but also fighting colds and flus. It's packed with vitamin C and anti-inflammatory and immune boosting benefits. It is so tasty my daughter insisted on sharing it!
- 1 heaping cup frozen pineapple chunks (or fresh, if desired)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons avocado
- 1 teaspoon packed freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon probiotic powder (optional)
- lemon slice, for garnish (optional)
Add all ingredients into a blender and blend on the highest speed until super smooth.