This is real winter comfort food. It's bright orange colour brings with it lots of beta-carotene which is great for your skin.
- 1 large Butternut Squash
- 200g of Blue cheese (or a dairy free alternative)
- 75g of walnuts chopped roughly
- some sprigs of thyme
- Couple of teaspoons of honey or maple syrup
HOW TO :
- Half and scoop out the seeds and soft flesh in the butternut squash and place in some chopped garlic and a knob of butter in each
- rub some olive oil lightly over the squash and roast in the oven for about 45 mins til the flesh is soft
- scoop out the inside leaving about 1 cm around the edge to keep its shape.
- Mix the flesh, butter, garlic, cheese, thyme and walnuts together and stuff back in the butternut squash and drizzle a small bit of maple syrup on top
- Place back in the oven for about 15mins until the cheese has fully melted and is bubbling